11 October 2012
OKB-Gayon Bicol 2012 generates P18.7M
The OKB-Gayon Bicol Regional Trade Fair has tallied P18.7M sales this year, or a 10% increase over P17.015M recorded in 2011.
Of the 98 Bicolano entrepreneurs who participated, 21 or 20% of which are new. These micro small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) sold their wares ranging from food, giftware & holiday décor, home furnishings, marine products, organic & natural products and wearables. Home furnishings garnered the highest sales with P6.96M or 37% of the total sales.
“For this year, we highlight the evolution of Bayong in the special setting and in the daily fashion shows featuring bayong pamalengke, bayong pang eskwela, bayong pang opisina and bayong pang fashionista. The induction of the newly elected officers of the OKB Association, Inc. also took place during the opening ceremony with Atty Leni Robredo as the inducting officer. Another highlight for this year’s fair was the OKB Café, which offers Bicol delicacies. We want the Bicol micro entrepreneurs to take center stage as they showcase the best homegrown products in the mainstream market”, Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)-Bicol Regional Director Jocelyn L.B. Blanco said.
Among the six provinces, Camarines Sur had the highest sales earned with P6.8M; followed by Albay with P4.1M; Catanduanes with 2.9M; Sorsogon & Camarines Norte with P2.2M each; and Masbate with P.524M.
The OKB-Gayon Bicol RTF 2012, which was held from October 4-7, at SM Megamall had provided opportunities for our 98 homegrown entrepreneurs and had developed and found new markets for their products.
OB-Gayon Bicol 2012
Regional Trade Fair, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City
October 4-7, 2012
· This year, 2012, is OK Bikol’s 16th year; Our tradition continues, our heritage goes on.
· OKB-Gayon Bicol is a showcase of public-private partnership; DTI’s Partners and Sponsors are Department of Tourism (DOT-Region V), PHILEXPORT, OK Bikol Association, Inc., RuMEPP, Local Government Units (LGUs), Line Departments and NGOs;
· OKB-Gayon Bicol has become an annual marketing and cultural event which, through the years has provided opportunities for our homegrown entrepreneurs to develop, find new markets and become more competitive.
· It has become a showcase of our Pili nut, Bayong, Ethnic Bicolano Food Products and other resource-based commodities and services, including tourist spots and destinations that are truly “Bicol”.
· This year we have 98 MSME exhibitors [with 21 new (20%)] including DTI-CARP/ RuMEPP; and 2 Institutional exhibitors (DOT-5 and LGU Tabaco, Albay);
· Sectors Participating : Wearables & Homestyle, Processed Food
· OKB 2012 Highlights :
Bayong Special Setting
Launching of new product labels (processed food)
Daily Fashion shows featuring Bayong
Daily Live Musical/ Cultural Extravaganza
Induction of New Officers of OKB Assn., Inc.
· Milestones of OKB, so far:
1996 – The first ever OK Bikol RTF was held at Harrison Plaza, M.M.
2006 – OKB started promoting One-Town-One-Product (OTOP)
2007 – DTI-5 and DOT-5 started an unprecedented partnership dubbed OKB-Gayon Bicol to promote the region’s products and tourist destinations under one venue, SM Megamall (to date, this partnership remains as the only tandem annual event of DTI-DOT held every October at SM Megamall in M.M.)
2010 – Banner year for RuMEPP and DTI-CARP at OKB as they participated as sponsors;
· Total Sales as of October 7, 2012 : PhP18.7 Million (highest sales, so far)
For more details, visit : www.okbikol.wordpress.com